This program is designed to help provide services and assistance to health care professionals and other healthcare staff.
Physical Therapist Assistants are employed in hospitals, clinics, offices of health care professionals, nursing homes, optical retail stores, pharmacies and medical pathology laboratories.
The diploma will develop:
- Ability to accompany patients to treatment rooms
- Ability to assist patients with maintenance programs as directed / supervised by physiotherapist
- Ability to assist patients in the use of therapeutic equipment as directed / supervised by physiotherapist
- Ability to provide support services to health care professionals
- Knowledge on how to clean, maintain records and inventory of supplies
- How to treat soft tissues and joints of the body through soft tissue manipulation